Friday, August 16, 2013

Kaya Vision Trip 2013 - In Deb's Words

Although I felt I had an understanding of Kaya when my husband traveled and shared his experience from the Kaya Vision Trip in 2012, I quickly learned that having my own personal experience in Bolivia impacted me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. There is not one day since our trip last June that I have had flashbacks of all that I experienced with the children and staff.

Scott Gray - 2012 Vision Trip

During the trip I saw how awful some children are treated. I met children that lived in unimaginable conditions; both physically and emotionally. Over and over I saw families that lived in a vicious cycle of destruction. However, I also experienced the vision of hope, support, and love that the staff and volunteers at Kaya help change the children's lives for the better.

Deb Gray - 2013 Kaya Vision Trip



One of my favorite parts of the trip was meeting the children living at the Kaya homes as well as the children who participate in the day program at the Kaya Center. Every time we were greeted with big hugs and huge smiles that made us feel the love that Christ was filling in their own lives.

Deb Gray - 2013 Kaya Vision Trip

I had only one short week that I spent with the children, but bittersweet tears overcame me when it was time to say goodbye. It was a true blessing to be able to spend time with the children at Kaya, who are all innocent precious angels that show the true meaning of life.

**********************************************************

Each year a team travels together to La Paz, Bolivia for one week to meet the children & staff at Kaya and learn more about the work we do. If you are interested in learning more about traveling on the Kaya Vision Team in June 2014 please contact Sara at scallard@kayachildren.org.

No comments: